Sunday, October 31, 2010

The positive robot

This post is dedicated to the people I have met that are positively positive, all the time, no exceptions. Once you meet a person or two like this, you will see what I mean. The whole world can be falling down around them, and they will see the positive aspect of that situation.

The first positive robot I met is a man named Tom Schott. He is a master wood worker and a disc (frisbee) evangelist. In his woodworking, he has built beautiful furniture out of recycled redwood, taken from barns and railroad trestles, He has put on countless world class tournaments and is in the PDGA hall of fame for his contributions to the sport. Every time I talk to Tom, I get a great positive upwelling in my spirit and feel better.

The next positive robot I want to talk about is a man I have met only a few times, but my son Buck is very much involved with. It is Ken Lolla, Buck's soccer coach at the University of Louisville, in Kentucky. The Louisville Cardinals had just run the table and posted an undefeated regular season (2010) when coach was asked if it was tougher to win the last few games, His response was along the lines of this "It is tough when you are ranked and you are undefeated in that you will probably get everyone's best. For us, that is such a great advantage for the post season because we know then that we will be tested every single game and getting everyone's best. So it is hard, but it is because it is hard that we will be better off".

These people look at air pollution and think - wow all this stuff in the air will make for more beautiful sunsets. They look at a pile of garbage and see all the recyclable things that are in there, available for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment